Here, you can learn how to add quick access tiles to your customer's self-service accounts that allow them to launch other applications.
You can allow customers to launch multiple applications from the convenience of their self-service accounts. After completing this guide, you will unlock a hidden menu named 'Your applications' in the self-service portal where customers can access their available quick access links.
Application launcher page in the self-service account
To display quick access tiles in an application's self-service portal, you first have to enable the application launcher capability in the application.
1) Navigate to Self-services policies in the Admin Console.
2) Create or open a self-service policy for editing.
Self-service policy page
3) Switch on or make sure 'Enable Application Launcher' is turned on:
Enable application launcher option highlighted in a self-service policy
4) Save your settings before continuing.
5) Navigate to Applications.
6) Select an application where you'd like to enable the application launcher.
Selecting the base application on the Applications page
7) Add the self-service policy that enables the feature.
Self-service policy highlighted in Application properties
8) Click Save.
You can configure applications to appear as quick access links in related applications' self-service portals.
1) Choose a different application you'd like to include in a related application's application launcher.
Selecting an application on the Applications page
2) Copy the application's self-service URL.
Copying the application URL
3) Enter the application.
4) On the General tab, scroll to the 'Application Launcher' section:
- Toggle the 'Enabled' switch to activate the feature
- Add a display name for the application shortcut
- Add a URL for the shortcut's logo
Application launcher section in general settings
5) Switch to the OAuth2/OIDC tab.
6) Scroll to the 'Other' section and insert the application's URL you've copied earlier.
Application shortcut URL highlighted in the OAuth/OIDC tab
Shortcut to an external service in the OAuth/OIDC tab
7) Save your changes.
The quick access tile of the application will show up in the self-service account of the application where the application launcher capability was enabled:
Example quick access tile in a self-service account
Repeat the quick access setup steps for other applications to include more quick access tiles:
Example quick access tiles in a self-service account