Integration guide for leveraging Deduce's fraud detection service.
Deploy a pre-registration hook in Strivacity leveraging Deduce's fraud detection service that uses trust and risk indicators to determine if a session can be trusted.
For more insights, visit Deduce's knowledge base.
This integration will demonstrate how to allow customer registration from trusted sessions to prevent registration fraud.
Protect your brand from fraudulent actors by integrating with Deduce's fraud detection solution. Combining Deduce with Strivacity's powerful Lifecycle Event Hooks, rely on extensive online behavior data to make informed security decisions.
- Basic understanding of HTTP request/response flows
- Web application development experience
- Site and API key provided by Deduce
- A Strivacity instance for testing
- An application in your Strivacity instance to apply and test the Lifecycle Event Hook
Set up your Deduce test site
1) Sign up for a Deduce test site here.
2) Submit your details.
Deduce's integration guide will start downloading automatically after submitting your form.
3) Deduce will supply you with your API key and site details shortly after.
Create a Pre-Registration hook in Strivacity
1) In the Admin Console, got to Lifecycle Event Hooks.
2) Click 'Create Lifecycle Event Hook'.
3) Fill in the basic information:
- Name your new hook
- Add a description
- Select 'Pre-Registration' for the hook type
4) Save to continue.
5) Click the gears icon on the top left corner of the IDE panel.
6) Select Add Dependency.
7) Search for the 'request-promise-native' package and add its latest version.
Add the example hook
8) Go to our repository to fetch the Pre-Registration hook we provide for this example integration with Deduce.
9) Replace the default Pre-Registration code block with the Deduce hook from the repository.
10) At, 'site' at the top of the script, add the site identifier you have obtained from Deduce.
11) At 'apiKey' at the top of the script, add the API key you have obtained from Deduce.
12) Save your hook.
Your hook's status will stay Non-Deployed until you add it to an application.
Create a Strivacity application
1) Go to Applications and click 'Create Application'.
2) Add a name, description, and define the mandatory properties of the application.
3) Scroll down to Lifecycle Event Hooks and assign your Pre-Registration hook to your Strivacity test application to integrate with Deduce.
5) Save your changes.
Copy the test application's self-service URL.
Test your integration
1) Go to an incognito browser.
Make sure only one incognito window is open as multiple windows share session information.
2) Go to the self-service portal of the Strivacity application.
3) Try to register as you normally would.
If Deduce does not return a "TRUSTED" risk score your registration process will be blocked. For additional support in determining trust errors, please contact Deduce support.
Updated 5 months ago