To create an event hook follow these simple steps. To use an event hook once you've created it, simply follow the Assigning an Event Hook to an Application steps.
1) Start by logging into the Admin Console using an admin account
2) From the left-hand menu, select Lifecycle Event Hooks
3) Under the Lifecycle Event Hooks screen, you will see a listing of all event hooks if any have been created. If this is a new Strivacity instance, then you will not see any listed.
4) Next, click the '+ Create an Event Hook' button
5) You will now be able the type of event hook create. For more information on each of the supported types of event hooks, see Supported Events.
Event hooks can operate as synchronous or asynchronous events, depending on the hook type selected:
|Await Result is On||Control is transferred to the event hook script for execution. Upon completion, control is returned to Strivacity's normal workflow execution|
|Await Result is Off||The event hook script is executed but control is not transferred, and Strivacity continues on with its normal workflow execution|
6) When you're ready to create this event hook, click the save button. This event hook will now be created and you'll be able to use Strivacity's integrated IDE to code and create the actual event hook login.
See Using the IDE for more information on the functionality available in Strivacity's IDE.
Once you've completed any necessary development and testing of your event hook code and you've clicked Save, you're ready for Assigning an Event Hook to an Application.
After adding and saving your code to an event hook, the hook's status will stay non-deployed until you assign it to one of your applications.
Once you've assigned the event hook to an application, go to Lifecycle Event Hooks in your admin console to check your hook's deployment status.
If you don't add your changes to the default code of an event hook, it will not be deployed, even if assigned to an application.
Updated 6 months ago