Set up a data collection step
Learn how to add data fields to the verification flow to display or collect additional details from customers.
You can collect additional data from a customer to use for various verification steps or display customer data fetched from external services or a previous registration step.
Customer information gathered in a data collection step is discarded by default. You can decide with an 'After identity verification' Lifecycle Event Hook whether to save data to the customer’s account or not. It is recommended that information you would like to be stored with a customer's account be collected during the initial registration step instead.
- Open an identity verification policy.
- Go to 'Data collection' in the policy.
- Click the + sign to configure the step.
- Add the name of the step and a description (optional).
- Add a custom message to the data collection step (optional).
- Select what happens if customers don't provide the necessary additional data in this step.
You can modify this setting later on.
- Next verification step The customer will go on to the next verification step, even if they didn't provide enough data.
- Exit verification flow The customer will be directed to a session timeout.
- Failure message The customer will be shown the failure message you've added to the identity verification policy.
Successful data entry will direct customers to the next verification step in the verification flow.
- Click 'Define fields to collect or display' to continue.
- Click 'Add fields' to start building the data collection survey for customers.
- Select an option.
Add a native claim that corresponds to the attribute field you want to include in the data collection step.
Example If you select the 'Family name' native claim, it will include the account attribute associated with this native claim in the data collection step. Check your application's identity store to find out which attribute is mapped to a native claim.
- You can override the 'Display Name' of the selected native claim.
- Select a 'Display Option':
- Read-only Apply when you want to show customer data fetched from their self-service account or an external service.
- Masked Read-only Apply when you want to display existing customer data encrypted.
- Editable Apply when you want to collect additional data from the customer to be used for the subsequent verification steps.
Add a field that allows customers to search and auto-fill their full addresses. You can edit the governing native claims once the option is selected.
The 'Compound address' field starts listing search results right away as customers begin to type their address. If customers can't find their exact address, they can choose the 'Enter manually' option.
- After you've added every field, click 'Save' to add the step to the verification flow.
The data collection step is ready for displaying or collecting information before phone-based verification or knowledge-based verification.
Updated about 1 month ago